The Beakers - 4 Steps
Toward a Cultural Revolution

Click to read this month's story.


This is the Underground, baby. Join the mail list (up & right!) and stay HIP!



The Heats Are Coming!

May 26th, 2011

Well another month is fast approaching and for June The Heats will be our AotM. How fresh! How summery! For those of you who weren’t paying attention in 1979 or so The Heats were the happnin’ Seatown band in those days. Great band! Howie and I will be pulling the odds and sods together over the next few days for you.

I think we are very close to getting Green Pajama Country! out the door to manufacture at last, which would put it in your hands in a month or so.

I have been doing a little rework on my mixing space the last few weeks but will get all over mixing Sigourney Reverb’s yet to be titled album here shortly and will get it heading your way. It is a most delicious pile of sqwak.

Carlton is in town and as our new Director of Social Media we should see some shiny new tricks heading your way soon.

ICONS POST-APOCALYPSE!

May 18th, 2011

Well, it’s a couple days later and my mind has returned and I will say thanks to all that came to the records release party Saturday – a fine time was had by all. A big shout out to Amy Denio for coming by to blow, to Kate and Allyson for singin’ and thanks also to Sigourney Reverb and Gumshen!

Howie points out I forgot to mention that Jeff Kelly showed up to play keyboards that wouldn’t cooperate & Joe Ross offered vocal services on Dancing in the Jailhouse. I also forgot to mention Glen Slater came to play organ, too. I am a bad man.

ICONS RECORD RELEASE TONIGHT

May 14th, 2011

Rock, rock, rock. As Neil once said, Tonight’s the Night – see ya’ll at Slims!

GET READY TO DO THE ICONS ROCK THANG!

May 13th, 2011

Two days to go boys and girls. The Icons are fully ready to rock and you know you want that. Hell yes. Saturday. Be there. I’m gonna be!

CARLTON IS THE NEW DIRECTOR OF SOCIAL MEDIA

May 13th, 2011

Carlton has arrived all the way from Rhode IslandĀ  to be our new Director of Social Media. His atoms are here. He is imported. Sweet.

WHAT’S THE GREEN MONKEY ALBUM OF THE MONTH?

May 8th, 2011

Hey! It’s May – ain’t there ‘spos to be a new AotM? Weell, it’s like this. The GMR brain trust has decided that beings how we did not get The Icons up until the middle of April, we are just going to let it ride for May. Howsabout that!

Kick ass!

For June we have either the new The Green Pajamas album (37% probability), Sigourney Reverb‘s debut album (12% probability) or something complete different (51%). I have a couple ideas brewing.

Once we get past the Appointment with Destiny! release party, I’ll catch up. See ya Saturday!

THE ICONS ARE READY TO ROCK LIKE THE ….

May 8th, 2011

Okie doaky. One week from this minute The Damn Mighty Icons will be doing the blistering throwdown at Slim’s Last Chance and you must be there. Why?

1. The Icons will play the entire new album Appointment with Destiny! in its exact order just like they were Pink Floyd playing Dark Side of the Moon. Why wait twenty years to do it? I say do it now.

2. There be special appearances by many guest superstars to be named later. Who doesn’t like guest superstars?

3. Dr. Dyer, in addition to the new red light on his pedal board, will employ not one but 2 Hagstrom guitars. Moicy!

3a. Dyer has started a rumor that this is the last ever gig for The Icons. Miss it? That would be a regretful bummer, pilgrim.

Rock, rock, rock and rock some more.

ICONS ADD LIGHT FOR UPCOMING SHOW!!!

May 2nd, 2011

Holy moley! The Icons are going all out for their May 14 record release party. Today Tom Dyer, a.k.a. Mastermind!, added the custom red light you see on the Vox pedal above. IT WAS ADDED JUST FOR THIS SHOW. Wow. Freak out.